Friday, January 28, 2011

Layout 4: January 28, 2011

CHA is tomorrow and that means crazy crazy fun! New products, great ideas, meeting people, and lots and lots of money being spent!

I'm excited to see what's new and get some things ordered for classes over the next six months but also, I am ready to get through one last CHA until my "no new paper" pledge expires. May 31, 2011 I will be able to buy new scrapbook paper for myself! Last summer, after much discussion and reflection about my incredibly ridiculously huge supply of patterned paper, I made a pledge that for a YEAR I would not buy any patterned paper except for classes and the rare design team assignment that requires me to buy paper. For a whole YEAR!!! I have made 3 paper purchases for design team stuff since June 1, 2010 -- Indie Girl by Sassafras Lass, 1934 by Cosmo Cricket, and some Bella Blvd for a contest I entered (and won!). That is it!!!

This layout was created for Donna Salazar Designs' DT for her new Antiquities Collection by GCD Studios. It's super easy (even though it looks complicated) and perfect for one 8x10 pic of four 4x6s.


This pic is actually from the wall in the award winning GCD Studios booth at CHA that we set up today!! Here's a how I made it:




First I sprayed Smooch Spritz in Black Velvet on the page. Yes, that is one of the new larger sized Smooch Spritz bottles--it is the BOMB!!!


Before the ink dried completely, I smeared it across the page with a paper towel. The trick to this is to keep a straight line going.


I then spritz the page with some Smooch Spritz in various shades of blue. My photo had a lot of blue in it so I wanted the background paper to pull that from the photo.



I then added the photo, an 8x10 tilted to the left. Instead of an 8x10 you could use a grouping of 4x6s trimmed to 4x5 and then arranged into a block.


After I adding a photo, I trimmed a border from one of Dona Salazar's Antiquities papers and stapled it to the page with a Tim Holtz Tiny Attacher. I know, it is a small stapler but I just love it!!! I folded over the ends of the border for a little added interest.


I then added embellishments to include an old zipper I got on a trip to downtown LA, sequin stars from my etsy shop, and diecut gears using Donna Salazar's new Spellbinder dies.

I then scrunched up some of the edges of the paper to reveal a black cardstock base I added underneath, a little journaling, and voila! Hope you're getting alot done during this inspiring week of new products coming out!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave us some scrappy love!