Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Together with Sewing

Hi everyone!  Nancy here today to share with you a fun technique that will add lots of texture to your scrapbook pages, sewing.
Supplies Used:
Cardstock, Kraft and Yellow - Darice
Patterned Papers, Embellishments - Crate Paper Open book
Sequins - Unknown

The process for this project was really quite simple.  After cutting my kraft cardstock to 10" square, I added just a bit of adhesive to the back of my kraft cardstock in the middle to hold it still, then ran the stitches from my machine around the edge twice. Don't add adhesive where you plan to sew or it could gum up your needle.   Don't worry about being perfect with your stitches here, the little bits of wandering just add more interest.
From here I layered my patterned papers and photos.
Added a few embellishments
The last step was adding a few sequins for a bit of whimsy and sparkle.
I really love the interest that the stitches added to my page, and hope you give this technique a try.

Hugs.
Nancy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave us some scrappy love!