Tuesday, October 27, 2015

Day of the Dead - Week #41


Hi Ladies!
Today I'm going to share my layout and it is all about the "Day of the Dead"  and a little of what is this Mexican holiday.

Day of the Dead or Dia de Muertos.. is a holiday we celebrate in Mexico in particular the Central and South regions.. The holiday focuses on gatherings of family and friends to pray for and remember friends and family members who have died and help the support their spiritual journey.. Traditions connected with the holiday include building private altars called "Ofrendas" honoring the deceased using sugar skulls marigolds and the favorite beverages and food of the departed, also visiting graves to be with the souls of the departed.. the intent is to encourage visits by the souls, so the souls will hear the prayers and the comments of the living directed to them.. Celebrations can take a humorous tone, as celebrants remember funny events and anecdotes about the departed.

Jose Guadalupe Posada created a famous print of a figure he called La Calavera Catrina.. as a parody of a Mexican upper-class female..

I went in 2012 to Guadalajara Mexico and as I said in central Mexico they decorate everywhere with paper mache Catrinas.. I took some pictures and some I use in my layout..


We always can use papers even if they are for a different occasions.. This paper is Christmas paper but I think it was perfect for my layout!


 This iron transfer was my inspiration for this Layout... As you know I love fussy cutting so I cut the Iron transfer with my excellent Westcott Craft Titanium non stick scissors!!! and was perfect to embellish my layout!


This is a simple-easy layout and I use 3 photos! 

 

The Catrina Skull is a great embellish and I add some pearls with my Pearl Pen.. 


Also I add some Molding Paste and Embossing powders from Color Box to give more color.. Day of the dead is also a lot of color!


I just did my Title with my lovely Sakura White Pen.. some flowers from my stash and ready!!! 
I hope you get some inspiration and see you next Tuesday with another fabulous Layout-A-Week!







Supplies:
Westcott Brand - Craft Titanium Scissors, Self healing cutting mat, TrimAir Trimmer
Fancy Pants "Oh Deer" Paper Collection
Crafty Chica - Day of the Dead Iron-on transfer
Pentart - Pearl Pens " Lilac, Morning Glory and Poppy
Aleen's - Turbo Tacky Glue
Color Box - Embossing Powders
Golden - Molding Paste
Sakura - White Pen



2 comments:

  1. Love it!!!! <3 You look so pretty and I really love Día de Muertos!!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tu layout quedó increíble, me encanta super festivo, reflejando totalmente la idea de la celebración del día de muertos; ¡¡¡me encantan esas fotos!!! que se repita el viaje ¿no?

    ReplyDelete

Leave us some scrappy love!