Monday, January 4, 2016

Out With The Old, In With The New - Week #1

Welcome to 2016 on Layout-A-Week! A new year means getting organized and a lot of "out with the old, in with the new" to most people. I decided to apply that to my scrapbooking by using something that I'd been hoarding for awhile to clear out the stash.

I'd had this beautiful Crate Paper collection since shortly after the CHA Mega Show this time last year, where it was one of their new product debuts. It was one of my favorite things at the show, and I snatched it up as soon as I saw it on store shelves! But in a few days, I will be off to the 2016 show to see all sorts of wonderful new things - and this collection is still sitting in my stash! Out with the old, in with the new...let's use it up!



In the same vein of clearing out the old, I have these wonderful pictures of my daughter from her trip to the Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique at Disneyworld a few years ago that have somehow never been scrapped! This is the perfect time to correct that, since they match the papers beautifully!

To make a quick page, I turned to Jennifer Priest's Scrap Free Scrapbooking ebook:


I used cutting pattern three, although I shifted the photos from the left side to the right side to better accommodate the title. 


The title is a combination of letter stickers and my favorite set of letter stamps - another CHA goodie from last year! I stamped the "Bibbidi Bobbidi" with black Clearsnap pigment ink. It's nice and juicy and easy to get a good impression with the clear stamps! To make it easy to stamp straight, I cut my paper strip first and then stamped on it.


The journaling at the bottom of the page was printed out from my printer and then cut into strips. My tiny Westcott titanium 5" detail were great for this task, as I had to snip close to the small text without getting into it by accident.



And the final result was a quick and simple layout highlighting some of my favorite photos of my daughter contemplating her makeover:



Supplies:

  • Crate Paper "Notes & Things" collection
  • Bazzill Smooth cardstock in Cotton Candy
  • Colorbox Pigment ink in Black & Cupid
  • Hero Arts Clearly Kelly stamps (Kelly's Outline Alphabet)
  • American Crafts Thickers alphabet (Jewelry Box Glitter in Bubblegum)
  • Heidi Swapp date stamp

What items are you clearing "out with the old" this year?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave us some scrappy love!